2020年12月9日星期三

Nets' Kevin Durant responds to latest question about Rockets' James Harden

Reportedly disgruntled Houston Rockets guard James Harden continues to be a topic around the Nets. While the Nets have collectively ignored rumors of a potential trade that would bring Harden to Brooklyn, Kevin Durant has been viewed as a key figure in the past month. Asked a two-part question about the Nets' depth from a championship perspective and what he thinks about Harden, his former Oklahoma City Thunder teammate from 2009-12, Durant was direct. "I don't think about James Harden at all," Durant said Wednesday. "I mean, he doesn't play on our team. "And the first question, I think it's early in a season. It's training camp and guys are still learning each other, still learning the offense and defense. But I'm very excited about the future of this group, you know? I've never been the one to predict anything, but I like our chances, going out there and competing at that high level every single night. And as tough as that is in this league, I think we're capable of doing it. "And we've got a lot of guys who have experienced so much in this league. We've got champions on this team. We've got guys that been in playoff runs, been in Game 7s. So that's always important, to have that much experience and knowledge within a group, and we'll see where we go from here." SNY's Ian Begley reported Nov. 17 what a Nets trade with the Rockets could look like for Brooklyn. General manager Sean Marks, head coach Steve Nash and Durant twice now have addressed outside chatter of Harden. Durant, who missed the 2019-20 season while recovering from a ruptured right Achilles tendon, keeps the focus on strong debut with Brooklyn's current team. After a year around the Nets, despite not playing, Durant expressed a strong comfort level with the team. "Definitely being here for a year already and rehabbing and kind of getting used to everybody here and a routine, I'm definitely more comfortable," Durant said. "If I would've played last year, I would've probably been a little overwhelmed, I guess, with such a quick change -- switching teams and being in a different environment. But I think having a year under my belt definitely helped me coming into this camp because I know the training staff, the coaches, all my teammates pretty well now. So it's been smoother than I thought." Basketball stat collect from isports API, for more details please visit www.isportsapi.com .

没有评论:

发表评论

Russia Premier League-Gazovik Orenburg VS Krylya Sovetov

Orenburg is fighting for survival in the elite and cannot afford to lose points, especially on its field, which has a synthetic coating, w...